Bee Club at Work

Bee Club at Work
Installation Day

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hive-Tastic

Hey gang!

Last week, as Claire noted, I went out with her and Nick and Chris and Lauren and Lance to put the second brood chambers on the hives.  I've posted some photos Lance took of the adventure.  (Anyone else who was there, feel free to add yours.)  As you can see, there's a lot of action going on in the hives--we even saw some pupae (not pictured)!

Tegan and I were going to go out today, but because of the rainy weather, we have to reschedule for later this week.  I'm sure the girls aren't ready for the supers just yet anyway since they only got the second deeps a week ago.

I didn't have my summer plans set when we first discussed the beekeeping schedule and since we're going to have to make a new schedule for the upcoming months, I just wanted to let you all know that for all practical purposes, I will not be in Ames from June 15-July 24.  Once I get back, I'll be happy to join anyone on future outings to the Casey Land.

I hope you all get a chance to get out to Casey in the next few weeks.  All the activity is very exciting!

Stef


















No comments:

Post a Comment